Monday, May 19, 2008

Update

I've emailed my crit group and my other crit friend and asked if any of them would be willing to supply me with two pages of their work for me to edit in the confines of my assignment. I'm thinking if I can get old versions of some work then I can mark it up for editing and revision without too much drama. No responses yet.

I've completed the second part of the assignment which dealt with TOC and index creation as well as tables and figures within documents. I created a report on some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the automated system compared with manually keying in the information. It has its own TOC and index :)

I think I've upset one of the TPN members again. A different one this time. Perhaps I was too blunt with a critique. I thought they were all pretty much used to the way I do things now. Maybe not. Maybe I'm just reading too much into things. We'll see. I've been on TPN for three months as of yesterday. I've got some great stuff from them on reworking four of my shorts. One is already out to market while the other three will be shortly.

I'd hate to lose the contact I've made with the moderator. Trust and respect built up over an online crit group is hard to come by. I wonder if they'd still keep in contact and work with me if I one day had to leave? Hopefully that day is a long way off too.

Time for an early night.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment