Thursday, May 29, 2008

Assignments Seven Done

Yes assignments, plural. Module 1 and module 2--both assignment seven have been completed now. I haven't sent the first one off yet as either my wife or I keep forgetting to pick it up on the way out the door. It'll get done tomorrow - for sure!

Only two more assignments for this semester. To be completely candid, I don't feel I've gained a huge amount from the two modules. I've pretty much done all of them within a few days and usually on only one draft and one good copy. Not particularly taxing. True, I haven't exactly scaled academic heights with a cluster of Bs and a lonely C, but I'd be very surprised if a single student managed an A from either lecturer. Honestly, I think they grade down so students aren't over confident to begin with. Put the little bricks back in their place. I can see them plotting in the staff room now...okay, I'm going off on a tangent again.

Critiqued a story for "The Teacher" today and received one back from her yesterday. Interesting on both accounts. The story I sent her (Grimoire) was written last year and is still catching up. I don't really want to retire it, I just want to update it and sell it. Her thoughts were somewhat different to TPN members. I'll need to think on things.

Her writing has also improved, although the story she sent me was a lot different than what I critiqued for her last year. Very interesting--I hope she'll still talk to me when she reads my comments.

I started to read The Elements of Style today. Haven't got far and probably won't until the beginning of next week. Watch the review space :)

I'm going out to buy a new book on Saturday. I want a novel in the dark fiction sphere but I'd also like more resource books. It's a toss up at the moment as to which will win out. I'll let you know--of course!

Also coming up on the weekend is the Adelaide Body Mind & Psychic Expo. If I cant find a few people to base characters on for paranormal stuff there, I won't find them anywhere.

If you haven't noticed, the majority of posts about my many WIP and things I think you'd like to know, are now short. Only posting like this, about the diploma and general musings will be longer. You should end up with more information and more targeted labels for easier searching. Well that's the theory :)

Okay, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment