Monday, May 5, 2008

Interesting Times

I've come to a decision to stop writing short stories for a while - after my current batch has been sent to market.

Drinkers is almost ready to go out. Grimoire I'm revising at the moment. Too Late the Rain is getting a serious shake up in the crit group and will require serious revision. Winged Shepherd I still haven't heard back from.

The month of May will be dedicated to getting them all finished and out the door.

I'm going back to Tigers Eye, it's been nearly a year since I looked at my manuscript (MS). My short story writing is slowing down, but my assignments are relentless, so I don't seem to have the time to invest in new shorts. I figure I can slowly work my way through a revision of the MS, with the help of TPN, and do my assignments without having to stress so much and without changing what project I'm working on every week.

We'll see.

Spent the weekend doing handyman stuff around home. Turned a window into a passable doggy-door. Once its finished I may even post photos :)

The editor of SA50s+ phoned last night. She's sending me the first issue of the new mag for my files. I now need to write a second piece. This one will only be between 500-700 words. Apparently advertisements are chewing up heaps of room. That could be a good, and a bad thing. Less room to write articles may mean less people wanting to read the issue, however more advertisers could mean more money, which could result in the contributors actually getting paid.

Hope springs eternal.

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods and all your submissions are successful.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment