Thursday, October 9, 2008

Productive Night

It's been a busy day at work, or at least there's been plenty for me to think about in regards to work, which has kept me away from writing anything other than occasional blog post.

Add to that building pressure with approaching deadlines, and this evening's relief will explain itself.

The decision on Lance Armstrong's involvement in the Tour Down Under was finalised today which allowed me to finish my article for SA50s+. This was due by mid next week, but without the decision I didn't know which one of three articles on the Tour I was going to submit. This issue may be going to the editor by mid next week, but it doesn't hit the streets till November. If the decision hadn't been finalised now, I would have had to submit a much weaker article hedging my bets. Not good. The article I've written makes sense and flows naturally from Lance, his crusade, his return, and then the event. It's not bad at all even if I do say so myself. Hopefully the editor likes it as well.

Next, I finished my review of Darren Shan's Demon Apocalypse for Black. The book was so easy a read, it never made it onto my "currently reading" list. It wasn't until after I'd finished that my assumptions were proven correct and it was a book for the young adult market. Which is cool because I wanted to research what was selling in that area anyway. You'll have to either buy Black or wait for a month or so to find out what I thought about it.

Over the next three days, I have to arrange photos for an article, read two books and write the reviews, contact the focus of another article which is also an assignment (which is a week overdue because of things outside of my control), and then hopefully finish and submit the overdue assignment (a 1000 word article).

With any luck, tomorrow I'll get back my last assignment with instructions on submitting Wamphyri. Either it'll go in for comment, or be submitted as the final assignment, within the next week. that will leave only one assignment to do for that module - which is due to be done in the coming week. Unfortunately, there's still three assignments still to be done in the other module on top of the overdue assignment. Think I may have to pull out a digit on those very soon. Mr Stone has already said he would support an application for an extension, but why would I want to work any closer to Xmas than I have to? A little discipline and lack of sleep now will gain me benefits later.

I haven't played golf at all tonight! Yep - I've been that addicted over the last few weeks that I had to mention that as a quantifier.

Time to hit the sack so I'm fully refreshed and recharged for the workload ahead.

No acceptances or rejections today. Normal programming has resumed.

Good luck with your submissions.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment