Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Examples

I love being given examples of what not to do. Just reading the wrong way followed by the right way allows me to identify with what the author is trying to get across.

When I come across examples of this, I try to post them in the Writing tips section of the website. Sometimes that's not possible so they have to be posted here.

Go have a good read of this post over at Murder by 4 by Marci Baun.

"But I don't do that type of thing, I can write" I hear you cry. Have a look without the rose coloured glasses on and after donning your editors cap. We all have little issues we would benefit from resolving. Only dead writers are incapable of improvement.

Now there's a line of profound wisdom: Only dead writers are incapable of improvement.

I googled it and it seems I haven't dredged it up from somewhere else. Very cool!

Go read the post. Learn and grow grasshoppers.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment