Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Links

Yes I post a lot of links to stuff I think is interesting and possibly educational for writers of all levels - it's what I do.

Here's some great advice on bad advice from Jim C. Hines

I remember some time back mentioning in a post that a writer needs to possess innate talent, be willing to put in a huge amount of work and have copious amounts of luck to actually get that book deal and make a financial success of this writing caper. It seems Moonrat over at Editorial Ass(istant) agrees with me. Who knew I knew what I was talking about...

As I was randomly clicking on links which led me to different sites and more links to keep my random path moving in new and exciting directions, I came across this site: NewPages.COM. There is a wealth of information here on, about, and generally concerning the industry. Go lose yourself for a while.

The above link and this next one are both thanks to yet another new site I stumbled across: Random Complexity Writer's Challenge has loads of interesting and useful information - and links - like this one to the "A Comprehensive and Totally Universal Listing of Every Problem a Story Has Ever Had" article by Douglas A. Van Belle over at ASIM. If you want to improve your chances of getting out of the slush pile, or at least of being published by ASIM, then you must read this.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Packey - glad to have you along and thanks for leaving a comment. All interaction is kindly appreciated - and one can never gain enough compliments.

    But this is not for advertising other stuff so I need to delete your comment, which is kind of sad. If you are sincere, then please come again and keep the comments to the topics in the posts or about writing in general.

    Or compliments - can never have enough compliments ;c)

    ReplyDelete