Thursday, July 17, 2008

Semester 2 Module 2 Assignment 2

I'm thinking I'll have to play number 2 in my lotto this week. The amount of times it has appeared in my blogging recently has been very noticeable.

Anyway--I've completed the 2nd assignment for Writing Articles for Publication. Unfortunately, this needs to be held back along with the first assignment for this module until I gain my copy of issue 2 of SA50s+. That issue should hit the streets hopefully on the 21st of this month. I should then be able to send these two assignments, and probably number three, along to my lecturer with the requested clips from my published articles. A little frustrating that I have to wait but at least I'm not really behind (unless I have to resubmit).

I now have the rest of the day to work on chapter 3 of Newlands. I would also like very much to work on Wamphyri. I've let this short sit for some time now which has shown a great deal of will power on my part. I have an itching to do assignments 4 & 5 for module 1, just so I'm closer to the areas that allow me to work specifically on the short story.

Perhaps I'll just read some more of the course book to see what it has in store. I also need to read more of Clive Barkers Books of Blood which I haven't touched in nearly a week and I'm stuck partway through chapter VI of an old period romance that I'm reading as research for Newland. It was originally written not long after the period in which I'm setting my story and contains a great amount of detail about the environment at the time of my story. But writing by part-timers back then (pre-1900) is a long way short of writing by anybody who actually sells a book today. Even the bad books found on the shelves today don't quite carry on the way this one tends to.

Time to get to work. I've only got today and tomorrow left of my enforced leave and I haven't really got as much work done as I would have liked. Let's see if we can rectify that a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment