Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Rejection Pile Grows Further

Not a great day. I've had an upset stomach for the majority of the day which has laid me low. Too much moving around only stirred things up. So I spent the day watching a favourite series on the DVD player.

When I finally got around to checking my email I found a rejection.

Story title: Dark Rose
Market: Necrology
Status: Rejected

Comments: "While we found your work interesting, we receive far more submissions then we are able to publish. We are declining your submission; however we would like to see further submissions for you in the coming future."

An earlier comment from the same market for a different story: "Your work is interesting, but we did not feel it fit our current needs. We would like to see further submissions from you in the coming future."

Result: Although it sounds encouraging, the rejection letter is nothing more than a form rejection.

Next step: As there has been no real feedback and I still like the story, I've submitted it to a new market. It now awaits judgement at The Edge of Propinquity. If at first you don't succeed, keep sending your work out to new markets. Remember - there is a market for everything.

Good luck with your submissions

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment