Sunday, July 6, 2008

Struggling

Been a bit of a struggle recently. On one of those downward slopes of the writing roller coaster. Lack of inspiration and drive. I have a few stories on the go but no desire to work on them.

I've been side tracked with some web design work, fixing a couple of computers for family and watching old horror movies. I sit down at the keyboard just as often, but rarely to simply write.

Tomorrow I need to finish fixing my sister's computer and finish of some other minor things. I'm hoping by Tuesday I can sit down and focus on writing.

Not much else to say. I gained feedback on System Failure from my crit group. All the crits came in a rush. Seems I have a bit of work to do there as well.

I'm up to date on my crits again bar one. I'm struggling to get into the right frame of mind for this one. It's autobiographical and religious. Two things I hate making comments on. I need to don just the editors cap and critique the writing but that isn't my strong point so I'm waiting for others to comment first. I can then see how they approach it. Taking the chicken's way out--you bet!

Well, that's it for tonight. The family went to the video store again tonight to rent some weekly movies for the school holidays. While there I rented Stephen King's "The Mist". I've heard good things about it so I'm going to go watch.

Speak to you tomorrow.

Good luck with your writing.

BT

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking that Feedjit widget that you recommended. Great to see where people come from and where they go.

    I know all the writing books say you have to write whether you feel like it or not but I reckon write when the inspiration comes - no need to put yourself under even more pressure. It's supposed to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that David.

    But I still need to sit down and write something. I find it too easy to slip into procrastination.

    Glad you like the widget. I found it on Durai's www.durai.frienzz.com blog, so credit ultimately belongs there.

    ReplyDelete