Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stuffed In A Dryer

If one was to take a reasonably well looked after human being, stuff them into a dryer, add three bricks (we don't want to over work the motor and we need to keep the noise down to a dull roar), and instigate a fast spin cycle, but allow only freezing cold air to circulate, then you'd be close to how I feel.

Being a pin cushion for a medical type person is no fun at all strangely enough. Having those pins driven all the way into the joints between the bone (where hidden reservoirs of pain lie in wait) puts any possible fun firmly into another reality.

Before the procedure was undertaken, I was warned that the process normally stirred things up a little for the first few days. No bloody kidding!

Still, it is now done and eventually the pain will ebb (hopefully). Strangely I went into this with thoughts of remembering detail so I could use the experience at some point in my writing. Now I can't seem to recall anything except the surprising amount of pain a long thin piece of metal can do to a person.

Tonight, I'll be reclining in the boudoir (of the husband and wife variety), possibly reading, possibly taking pharmaceutical drugs.

Speak later.

BT

7 comments:

  1. Ouch sounds painful.

    Seems like a lot of people have been sick, myself included.

    P.S. I left some cool writing related questions at the bottom of my latest post that you might be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine. Hope the pain passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yikes, I'm still wincing in sympathy. I hope they gave you some really effective painkillers (or at least something that'll make you not care that you're in pain).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blacked out just thinking about it. Godspeed in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooow. Ow. Ow.

    Ow.

    I hope you're feeling better soon, BT. From your description, I'm thinking I'm going to opt not to have mine done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing when things hurt (tell myself to use it later), with the same results. I think that's for the best, generally speaking, since pain is....well, painful ; )

    ReplyDelete