Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Good To Be Home

The time away was lovely, but there's no place like home - yeah I know it's not very original but it's still very true.

A very short post this evening, just to let you know me and mine made it home safely after covering a little over 500km's this long weekend. I'll be adding another 130 or so to that tomorrow when I go and pick up the dog.

I accomplished much: had two new ideas for stories, got new bearings on AKL, outlined a travel article to shop around, visited the scene of the two biggest parts of AKL and found one of them needs to be changed, visited another scene and found some of that needs to be changed, as well as gathering info on bits I skimmed over in preparation for this visit so I can now go back and expand on something very heart warming which will end in something very bone chilling - cool.

I also read two books full of short stories, brought and old Stephen King novel didn't have and haven't read, received and assignment in the mail as well as Aurealis Issue #41.

I will go into detail as this week progresses, but I have so much I need to get done. I want to write a shitload of new stuff for AKL. I need to pick up the dog, take my daughter to the pictures to see some silly children's holiday film (should be a fun escape), go over two returned crits of my work on a couple of different stories, catch up on everyone's blogs, write up two reviews, write one article, transcribe all my musings from my dictaphone, go through holiday photographs... and I'm sure there's heaps of other stuff I've forgotten because I'm good at forgetting things.

So tonight, I'll get some sleep and then - hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go - yeah, I know, not very original either...

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! sounds like a good holiday to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good holiday. I was stuck in the house all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're making you watch "Hannah Montana," aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you got some work done while you were vacationing, at least the thinking part. I hope you enjoyed the movie! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently there's a new Zac film out - the guy from High School Musical - she wants to go see that - should be just as riveting.

    ReplyDelete