Friday, April 24, 2009

God's Piscatorial Church Is Open

'God's Piscatorial Church' is the title of my AHWA Flash Fiction Competition entry. I fought against this title for the best part of a week, but nothing else fits as well as this, so this is what it shall forever be known as.

It was inspired by the wall in this picture by Victoria Frances:



This is my current desktop wallpaper at work - yeah, everyone there pretty much knows I'm not normal.

If you haven't checked out Victoria's work, do yourself a favour. Simply brilliant.

As for the story, I am quite happy with how it's turned out.

To be on the safe side, I'm going to let it sit for a day or so and then read it again before I decide to send it in.

So today has been a good day. I even remembered to post off the completed assignment. Over the weekend I'll finish off Digging Up The Past and send that off, and hopefully find something I can use for the six page script I need to submit pretty soon. I also want to finish reading the current issue of Aurealis so I can move onto a novel. Oh, I also need to update the website which is woefully out of date.

If I can get all this done, or at least everything up to finding a six page script, by Sunday night, I'll be a happy camper.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool picture. I must look into that artist. A picture that could inspire a thousand stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title, and the picture is beautifully intrigueing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title is just as beautiful as the inspiration. Fingers crossed on the story.

    ReplyDelete