Friday, February 20, 2009

Weekly Goal Reached!

I'm pretty chuffed with myself.

This week I managed to add 6396 brand new words to Newland. I find myself on that ragged edge, only a quarter of the way into chapter 15, so two and a bit first draft chapters have been completed in the last six days.

On top of that, I read "The Haunting of Hill House" (review to come), edited and resubmitted "Idolatry" which gained me an acceptance (woohoo), received my much anticipated copy of "Tainted" from Aaron (another big woohoo), completed the first draft of my next assignment (444 words in its own right), read hundreds of blog posts (remember I read all of Stuart Neville's), made numerous comments, read two stories from a friend (I am still yet to record my comments - but they are coming), critiqued a requested rewrite for another friend, did a line edit critique on a 5000 word story for yet another friend (it sounds like I have a lot of friends all of a sudden doesn't it?), and finally read at least four online stories, and one online chapter of a story (which I've been following for sometime).

I am now exhausted. So much for cutting back on things!

I need to read. I need to continue writing Newland. I love to help my writing friends and don't expect them to stop sending me stuff just because it sounds like I've got a bit on. It may have to be the blog reading and comments I think. As much as I enjoy my time online, it must be reduced. I will begin to become very selective in which feed updates I'll respond to.

Aaron, Jamie, Cate, Danielle, Nat, Alex and one or two others I can't think of off the top of my head (apologises), can't get rid of me that easily, but some of the agents and other industry blogs will have to live without me for a few weeks. If you listen closely you can hear a collective sigh all around the world...

I leave you with an update from Mr Bean Counter and a prayer Nat gets #9 accepted first.

3 comments:

  1. I really don't know where you find the time to get done what you do. Way to go on your word count. That is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A busy, busy week. Congrats on all fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Buddhist, I have to wonder what all this new energy directed towards the contest stories will effect the outcome. But then you would have to factor in my own preferences for certain stories, which at that point it becomes some kind of crazy Zen math.

    ReplyDelete