Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not A Good Boy

Yesterday I worked on Digging Up The Past and dug up a new ending for it. Still not sure I'm happy with it so I'll let it sit for a while before going over it again. I also had a look at Dreaming. This story is starting to feel like wrestling semi-naked twenty-something-year-old women in Taffy--exciting but extremely difficult to move about it.

I have an idea for the story but I'm finding it difficult to shape it, to mold it into what I see in my head. The words don't seem to want to line up right. It is very frustrating. It has a lot to do with the time lapse between the inspiration and first writing of it, and now. Especially with all the confusion over versions. Well, today I have figuratively shaved down and I'm prepared to climb back into the giant Taffy bowl which is my imagination. If I'm not out in a few days, either send in a rescue team or simply lower your head for a minutes silence.

Last night I was ready to sit down and work on the Act One Climax of Newland. And then my wife called me in for the World Cup qualifier of Australia playing Japan. So no writing was managed. Tonight is training and selection down at the cricket club. This always turns into a late one so there'll be no writing tonight either.

I need to write 6250 words a week to reach my goal. I've written 230 this week. Maybe Dreaming will have to wait. Now that I'm all silky smooth and ready to swim, I think I'll hit Newland where it hurts.

It is nearly 9:00 here as I write this. Lets see how much on Newland I can get done before I have to leave to pick up my daughter at 3 this afternoon. That's 6 hours. I'm at work, but there's not a lot on so I should be able to get a bit done.

Time me starting...now!

2 comments:

  1. Love the visual :)

    There's nothing worse than not being able to get the story down in the words you want it. This week I've been getting my story down on paper, just to get it out of my head. Then I'm going to leave it for a bit and come back and hack at it until I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a similar problem with "Hunger in Tsuen Wan." I'm in love with the plot, but the first page is giving me migraines.

    ReplyDelete