Monday, February 23, 2009

Submissions

Today I decided to lay off Newland and clear the other projects I'm working on. Result:

Swirls In Obsidian has been submitted to PARSEC Science Fiction & Fantasy Short Story Contest 2009.

Digging Up The Past has been submitted to The Devil's Food Anthology.

Dreaming is being furiously worked on with the intent of submitting it ASAP to The Blackness Within Anthology. (Update - subs don't open till March so I'm just trying to finish it now. It can sit quietly in the back ground until the end of the week.)

I really like the first, I'm happy, but have doubts about the second, and I'm just not sure I can pull the last one together.

With these out of the way, I can concentrate solely on my assignments and Newland.

I currently have 8 pieces out in the wild for consideration. All are paying markets so competition will be high.

Out of the 8, I need to send queries to four of the publications. They are all approaching six months overdue the expected query response date. Two I've queried before and received a 'still under consideration' reply, but it's getting a little long in the tooth now.

Time to shake things up.

5 comments:

  1. So many submission, so much time to go crazy waiting for answers ; ) Next month I plan to go back to my novel. Maybe I'll whittle down my subs in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swirls in Obsidian. I like that title. It sounds perfect for the Dark Glass idea. good luck with that. I am still waiting to hear back from Devils food. it has been a couple of months now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...Swirls in Obsidian is a sweet dark glass title. I've hit a submissions drought.

    I keep staring at the same short stories and the same markets. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat - you have so much out there, I don't know how you manages to keep it all straight.

    Jamie - subs close April 1st, so not long to go now.

    Aaron - Subs drought. I'm back there as soon as Dreaming goes out. Watching my subs routine is like watching an oscilloscope - up and down, up and down. I think the only way out of that is to write more. If you have stuff continually coming in and out, it should be more of a flat line...

    Maybe that's not such a good thing.

    Glad you like the title, let's hope Jim does as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the submissions. I haven't sent anything off this month. Better remedy that.

    ReplyDelete