Monday, December 8, 2008

Interesting Information

Quite a number of the blogs I've got listed on the sidebar are doing this at the moment and I found the information very interesting. When comparing where I'm at with my writing and some of the stats thrown up by others I can see:

a) I'm not doing so bad &
b) I need to work a little more diligently.

So here are my answers to the pop quiz.

Age when I decided I wanted to be a writer: 38
Age when I wrote my first story: 38
Age when I first submitted a short story to a magazine: 38
Age when I sold my first short story: 38 (The Elusive Muse to Fiction Factor)
Total number of submissions: 55
Total acceptances: 7
Thickness of file of rejection slips prior to first story sale: I sold the first one.
Approximate number of short stories/novelettes/novellas sold for cash money: 6
Poems sold: 0 - I don't do poetry
Age when I started writing my first novel: 38 (Tigers Eye)
Age when I started writing my first completed novel: Tigers Eye first draft was completed when I was 39. No novel has been completed to a polished level.
Age I finished that novel: 41
Age I started my second novel: 40
Age I finished my second novel: 40 (Turn 41 in March so hopefully Newland is polished and out to market by then)
Age when I sold a first novel: 41...
Total number of novels written (discounting duds): 0
Books sold: 0
Books in the process of querying: 0
Short stories in the slush: 8 (This would be an area where I need to pick up my act)
Short stories written this year: 7 (This would be another area where I need to pick up my act)
Age when I became a full-time novelist: 47
Age now: 40

Tag - your turn

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your novel. I hope we both get our first sales when we are 41. :)

    ReplyDelete