Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fledgling Writers Who Visit This Blog Unite

Here's the thing: PARSEC has released the new guidelines for next years anthology/short story contest.

I would love to see some names I have come to know included next year. The good news is Amy isn't allowed to enter the contest in 09 after taking out first and second prize in 08. I'm pretty sure she will be submitting for the antho, and if she is offering the piece I think she is (there are some perks to critiquing other writers work), I think she'll have a great chance of being in the antho again this year.

The big bonus with this comp/antho is if your submission is rejected, you gain some really useful feedback. I submitted "The Winged Shepherd of Innocence" last year and from the feedback managed to turn it into a story which was accepted elsewhere.

The deadline is March 31 09. Now is the time to start thinking about your story.

The guidelines for the anthology are here.

The guidelines for the short story contest are here.

Get busy folks

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. It is useful and already has my mind on the job.

    Nice to see some great sharing on sites like this.

    Bernard J Rossi
    Author & Poet
    www.bernardjrossi.com
    www.eloquentbooks.com/Room22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help and welcome to Musings

    ReplyDelete