Not the week just gone, but the week before, Danielle had a rejection week from hell. Unfortunately it seems my somewhat dismal week is carrying over. I'm up to six rejections this month and no acceptances. :c(
But, I'm happy to announce all my pieces are still out on submission. I'm getting very nice rejection comments which hasn't led me to make any changes to the pieces, so I find a new market and out they go again.
In other news, I'm still reading the Dexter Omnibus which is becoming a bit of a drag. I really should have switched to something else between each book, kind of like the reading equivalent of a glass of water to cleanse the palette. I've never understood how people manage to read more than one book at a time, but I'm beginning to think about giving it a go.
As for my WIP - which still doesn't have a title. It seems the idea has not come to me fully formed as first thought, or at least it will need some additions. Following my outline, and using my upgraded skills of not rabbiting on about nothing within a story (or at least not as much as I once did), I've suddenly found that I've combined the first two chapters together. That is, everything I intended to cover in the first two chapters, I've managed to meld together in the first chapter quite succinctly. In the current scheme of things, that has robbed me of around 3000 words. When I'm targeting only 45k to begin with, there shouldn't be that much fat to trim, especially not while I'm still writing the first draft of the first chapter!
Still, I'm not going to worry about it at the moment. I'll move on with the story as per the outline and see where it takes me. So, currently my untitled YA book for boys stands at: (Psst! Cue the pantless one...)