Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally

I finally got around to getting a picture of my 'To Read' pile:





















This is the top shelf of one of my book cases. At the time of starting this, it seemed like a handy place to put the books I hadn't got around to reading yet.

As you can see, now I'm running out of space.

A few of the Stephen King books were read way back in my teenage years but were lost along life's journey so I've been rebuilding my collection and slowly working my way through them as time allows.

Missing from this shelf is Issue 7 of Necrotic Tissue which is sitting on my desk, and Creating Short Fiction by Damon Knight which is sitting on top of the NT issue, with the Dexter Omnibus sitting on top of both. One final title is currently with my oldest sister (I can't remember author or title).

The current count is 39 titles :c(


So, what's your 'To Read' pile looking like?

8 comments:

  1. Tall and daunting. I shall persevere. Looks like you have some good titles in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I keep my "to read" pile in several locations about the house, so as not to be frightened by the sheer size of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually in the process of organising my 'to be read' pile as things have been languishing unread for years. I have about 50 books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've split my to read pile in two (one shelf, one stack by the bed), but I haven't counted them. It's pretty obvious from your picture what your preferred genre is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang! I need to come visit all of you and borrow your books :-) I have ZILCH in my 'to read' shelf. In fact, I'm itching to do another 2nd-hand-bookstore crawl right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know what you think of Sarah Langan's books. I really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is mine from January: http://www.benjaminsolah.com/blog/?p=552

    It looks a bit worse now, but a lot of the books are essentially the same.

    GoodReads.com says I have 50 books on my to read shelf as well as another 9 I'm part way through reading...

    We're all a bit insane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very similar to yours, actually, in terms of thickness. And here I am, woefully unable to meet its demands, and always wanting more books anyhow :/

    We will persevere and win, dammit.

    ReplyDelete