Sunday, August 10, 2008

A New Week Begins

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a good weekend both personally and writing-wise. During the weekend I came into contact with a lot of thoughts and feelings I hadn't touched in a while, quite a few of them to do with the dark side, which I found somewhat invigorating when I look back on them. Nothing too twisted but more in helping me to connect with a victims thoughts and feelings - no, I didn't get mugged or anything, but I was in a situation where it was a possibility. (Sleepy old Adelaide just isn't as sleepy as I remember it.)

As expected, I managed no writing over this weekend. I did manage one review--which I intend to critique over the next few days before sending out--and I'm halfway through reading the book for my second critique which will go out at the same time. That's two down and lots to go.

It's also time for me to get back onto the assignment treadmill and get a few more out the door.

There has been no movement on TPN for over a week now. I don't want to jump to assumptions but it hasn't been quiet--it's been dead.

No rejections in my inbox over the weekend which is good, I hope. Positive comments back from Amy in regards to Too Late the Rain, although her critiquing is always on the positive side; not so much blowing sunshine up the proverbial but constructive comments aimed to improve the work, in her opinion, put in a non-sledging manner. It's appreciated.

I've got the Salisbury Festival launch this week. Friday I'll find out if it's done any good, if not, I already have another market lined up for it. Seems fate is as determined as I am to find a home for this one. Anything to prove to Mr Stone that he was wrong about this one.

Busy week ahead, need sleep.

Hope everything is going well for you.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment