Sunday, September 28, 2008

Last Entry For Today - Honest

I've written 581 words of the next chapter in Newland (Total so far = 11446 words). It's a struggle but the first part of the chapter is out of the way. If broken down into parts, I have a transition from shore to ship, followed by a short voyage, a transition from ship to shore, a transition from shore to where they will spend the rest of their lives. All very boring stuff when put that way.

The first and second bits have been seriously cut down but I've used them to further hint at the growing strength and independence in my female main character. The third bit has some new characters to come into play with some associated action so that should be easier to pen.

The last bit involves playing in some of actual history for authenticity.

I think the hardest part of all of this was getting it going, but now the ship has literally set sail, and I've cut a great deal of left over stuff that just didn't seem to want to play into the story, things should begin to flow again.

So not a lot of words written on Newlands today, but I'm not setting myself a word count for each day/week/or whatever. Nobody's paying me to do this.

The article I completed is for publication so that had to be done--although I need to hold it for a day or three as the topic is a little volatile at the moment and things may change requiring possible tweaks in my article.

Still some good work managed today as far as I'm concerned.

I hope your writing projects are moving along with greater ease.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment