Monday, October 22, 2007

What a Weekend!

Hi all. from Friday night and my eldest having her 18th birthday party, through a hectic Saturday with sport and the flu striking at my youngest. Onto Sunday with a spring cleaning taken to the extreme - I've written exactly zip, nil, nada, nothing, zero!

In regards to my writing - its been a bad weekend but I'm at a time in my life when I look at things a little differently. Three months ago, I was writing alot. I was producing a lot of work. Most of it wasn't particularly good but with editing and rewriting, those pieces are getting better. Apart from some erotica shorts though, I haven't produced a lot of new stuff.

I have been on a short journey of self learning about myself. Four months ago, I was pretty sure who I was and part of that was to be a writer. With huge turmoil entering my private life, my drive to succeed in any area, including my writing, began to meander. It never failed, it just never maintained the fervour it had previously. With amazing insight and support from a very good friend, I have learnt a great deal about myself, truths I am still discovering now.

The good news about this is the renewed determination I have in all areas of my life - especially my writing.

This weekend has been a write-off for my words. But tomorrow is a new day (actually that would be a little later this morning will be a new day) and one I look forward to.

Keep on writing, good readers - and keep on submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment