Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Condolences

I apologise for not having blogged over the last four days - my Aunt passed away after a short fight with cancer. It's obviously hit my mum fairly hard and she's needed her kids support. After all she's done for me over the years - its the least I could.

So apart from my normal stress of home and the additional strain of departing family members, I have managed to do some writing. Well over the last day or so anyway.

I have written three new erotic pieces that are currently being critiqued and will go out the door very soon.

I continue work on my ebook - long hours of research but it'll be worth it.

The new website has been put on hold due to outside influences but it will happen.

I have begun another edit of my novel - version 5 now! I was going to enter the first 5000 words into a competition as I thought I was happy with them (I was half way through the novel on edit 4). When I went back and read it again, I'd found I'd learnt a lot more as a writer and immediately began another edit. It's a long way from seeing the light of day but it will one day.

There is only so much polishing a writer can do before a gem turns to sand and slips through your fingers.

I like that - it sounds almost profound :)

Well I'm heading back to continue writing and editing, I respectfully suggest you do the same.

Keep those submissions flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment