Friday, June 27, 2008

Work

How rude! Fancy work invading on my writing time. Yesterday, we had a major malfunction within the system. I run two networks for and one of them gave up the ghost. I have suspicions that someone has been tampering but there's no real way to prove it.

So I received the phone call on my way to work yesterday morning and stayed there till late last night repairing, cursing and eventually rebuilding the whole environment.

The overtime will be nice but I'd rather have been at home.

It is also the reason I didn't blog yesterday - sorry about that.

Today, I've finished repairing all the lose ends apart from the documentation - that can wait till next week. It's Friday after all!

I've managed to do two quick crits and a read through of another piece for TPN team members so the day hasn't been a total bust. I'm looking forward to working on my new short later tonight and some more reading of my next module in regards to short story writing that I'm going to use it for.

That's about it for now.

Write at you later.

BT

3 comments:

  1. You don't happen to work at the RAAF base at Edinburgh? I work for Serco and we do some stuff there.

    But more importantly, are you ok for me to link to your blog? I'm not sure what the etiquette is around this sort of thing but thought it best to check.

    Cheers,

    DS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David

    Just left a comment on your blog :)

    I'm happy to echange links with everyone so don't be shy, be like Dave and Felicity, leave me a comment with a request and I'll more than likely be popping up to check you out and almost definitely be linking to you. Almost definitely--I have to leave myself some room to move :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider yourself linked!

    As you say, the more the merrier.

    Happy writing.

    D

    ReplyDelete