Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chapter 1

I've posted the revised version of the prologue for Tigers Eye on TPN. I've also reverted my progress meter back to the original 130,000 words.

I don't know how long this story will finish up being so I'll work with what I've got and qualify my progression with my posts.

The prologue grew by the time I'd finished revising it, adding in some extra detail in the areas I'd cut too deeply on in other revisions.

Today, I revised the first chapter. It has shrunk on first pass. By nearly 700 words. But it's only the first pass. I'll now print it out and go through it with my red pen poised making additions and corrections where necessary.

I did a lot of telling and not a lot of showing when I first wrote this. Lots of changes. I practically took each paragraph and rewrote it.

Not an easy thing to do.

Chapter 1 now stands at 3162 words. I won't add it to the progress meter yet as I want to do at least another pass on it before it can go to TPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment