Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Sad Day

Jodi Lee alerted me to this one.

My wife and I have watched The Deadliest Catch almost religiously over the past few years. We regularly watch reruns and have developed our favourites among the boats and crews who brave the Bering Sea. It was with much sadness that we heard about the passing of the Cornelia Marie's Captain Phil Harris at the way too young age of 53 after having had a stroke a week ago.

Our thoughts go to his family, to the crew of the Cornelia Marie, and to all who knew him personally and to the millions who got to know him through the show.

As Jodi rightly stated - it just won't be the same.

5 comments:

  1. I never watched the show (lack of cable in my house), but any time we're invited into a person's world, it's a special, special thing. Godspeed, Cap'n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad when I saw that today. We're religious watchers in our house too. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron - I think you may have struck upon the real time sink I've got. Maybe I should get rid of cable (but then that would be a package deal as I'd lose the wife and kids as well...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is odd when a man who put it on the line in his job dies from natural causes. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched the show myself, but it's still sad. He was young.

    ReplyDelete