Monday, January 4, 2010

P&E Poll

I currently have 189 unread posts in my Google reader - I well and truly fell off the face of the writing world over the festive season. I'm back at the real job today and have a lot of work to get done during January, but my intention is to try and get a fair bit of writing related work done as well. We'll see...

Thanks to the heads up from Jodi Lee (and for the nomination from her for The Grass is Always Greener (best horror story) - thank you), on the P&E Reader's Poll 2009. I thought I'd go through and do some voting of my own.

Horror Novel
The Harrowing by Alexandra Sokoloff

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Novels
Jack of all Trades by K C Shaw

Young Adult
Jack of all Trades by K C Shaw

Horror Short Story
Fishballs & Mushrooms by Natalie L Sin (Tainted Anthology by Strange Publications)

Anthology
52 Stitches by Strange Publications

Magazine/e-zine editor
Jodi Lee

Print/electronic book publisher
Brimstone Press

Review Site
HorrorScope

Fiction magazine
Aurealis (lots of great mags to choose from - hard choice)

Writers' resource/information/news source
HorrorScope (especially Talie's news gathering efforts and the AHWA writer support stuff - the reviews are pretty good as well)

That's my votes and once I get home, I'll have a plethora of confirmation emails to click through so if you don't see my choices listed yet, that's why. Go here to enter yours.

Things to do...

I still have posts to write and lodge about the current phase in the Dark Pages antho. I want to story card Inner Voice (which I read through the other day - not bad). There's some areas/characters which need work. I have four shorts which need revising and resubmitting to new markets.

I have two shorts in various stages of being worked on which will, in all likelihood, crash and burn in the furnaces of incompleteness due to too much else to work on.

And the top priority of the moment is continuing to put together Dark Pages. I have comments back from my trusty minions about the short list. I'm about to reread all the short listed stories and make my final choices before we move into the copy editing phase - more on that soon.

So I hope Santa was kind to you and yours, and the New Year has started on the right foot (unless you're left footed and then I hope it's started on that foot). Here's to a great 2010!

6 comments:

  1. Darn it, I can't get the poll pages to load. Maybe I can get them to load from my work computer tomorrow. :)

    I'm glad you're back to blogging! Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had issues as well. It seems the Critters server is a bit lightweight. Keep trying.

    Happy to be back and a happy 2010 to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your nomination, BT and those are some mighty fine choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BT,

    Congrats on your nomination. Nice story. You got my vote.

    ReplyDelete