Sunday, February 17, 2008

Southern Writers and a new Website

I have spent a lot of today researching dark fiction or horror orientated critique groups - not a lot to be found - none specifically in the genre.

I want a small group of dedicated writers, who love the darker genre, to work with me in improving everyone's craft. Lofty ideals - maybe but surely not unattainable.

I will be looking into the mechanics of creating and maintaining a small, intimate group so watch this space.

This evening I also joined the Southern Horror Yahoo Group. As per the welcoming blurb this is "Australia's unified group of amateur and professional writers, editors, agents and publishers of horror (or dark fiction)."

They're not kidding either, the first name I noticed was Robert Hood, a fellow HorrorScope editor and a noted and very successful Australian author of the dark side.

If you're an Aussie writer of dark fiction, looking to meet like minded people, then head on over to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southern_horror/

Lastly - I found an amazing Australian website which provides excellent resources and information for Spec Fic writers of all genres.

The Australian Speculative Writers Website serves up: Speculative Fiction, Fantasy & Horror, Markets, also Writing, Editing and Publishing Information and Resources. It is excellent and has been added to "My Ten Best Websites"


Good Luck with your submissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment