Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wake-up Call Published!

Hi all.

Been a very busy couple of days. Saturdays are always packed for me during summer with cricket. I take my boy down to the club from 8am where he plays for the under 15 side. Unfortunately they were beaten today in their last game for the season.

I play for the seniors in the afternoon. Today we managed to chase down the oppositions score of 250 with relative ease. I made 83. We have one more minor round game to go before finals commence. Currently we're sitting second.

This is my last season so its fitting that the grand final will fall on the 15th and 16th of March. The 16th is my 40th birthday so going out with a bang would be nice.

Now for the important news - Antipodean SF has released their 10th Anniversary issue today. In it can be found my little (and I mean real little at 101 words) piece titled Wake-Up Call. It is amusing and cute but more importantly, it's my first fiction piece accepted anywhere! WooHoo.

If nothing else, this should serve as a reminder that all stories can find a home somewhere so keep on submitting.

Good luck to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment