Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Critters

I'm active again among the critter ranks.

I've posted the new version of "Too Late the Rain" onto the queue but that's at least five weeks away before receiving crit responses. So in the mean time I've started critiquing other critters stories again.

In the past two days, I've done four. I've read seven but only critiqued four as the other three were pretty bad in way too many ways to critique diplomatically. I'll leave them to others. I'd rather find a story that has potential, a solid plot, or premise, or good characters. If subtle suggestions are what's required then I'm more than happy to try and help.

On a sad note, I've still not gained a response from a recommended crit group. I was told to wait a day or two and members from that group would contact me. I figured I'd go have a look at the site and become a member to have a nose around. If it is an environment I'm looking to work in then I'd like to do some investigation first, some snooping if you will.

As I haven't yet received a validation email from my request for membership, I can only browse the newsletter. It's a nice newsletter but the forums are where the action takes place and I can't get into those. So the wait for a good crit circle continues :(

One last thing - for some reason the spell check on this blog doesn't seem to be working anymore which is annoying. I apologise in advance for any typo's I miss.

Keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment