Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday

It's been a couple of days since I last posted and I don't have a great deal to show for it.

No writing, no reading, no thinking about anything in particular. I've not been getting a lot of sleep so I'm over tired and tonight shall not help. There will still be no reading, no writing and definitely no peaceful moments to contemplate anything.

My little one turns 10 on the 10th of this month. As that's a Monday, and a school night, she will be having friends over for a slumber party tonight. My house shall be inundated with 8-10 year old girls (well, there will be six in total so it shall sound like it's been inundated...).

Wish me luck. If I survive the encounter I shall sleep a great portion of Sunday away and then hopefully read a large chunk of the fourth Dexter book which has been wallowing beside my bed. My only oasis of peace shall be while the girls are attending a netball game this evening. During this brief interlude I'm hoping to read and critique a story I've been very slow in getting around to (or you could read that as having been very slack - I won't be offended).

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. As a brother of three younger sisters, I know these 'slumber parties' all too well.

    I was going to say I'm glad to be living in another state to them now, but I'm actually heading back up there for 5 days and am pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squealing and talk of boys shall be deafening!

    ReplyDelete