Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yellow Mama

If you haven't read it yet - do so now.



Among all the gooey goodness, you will find stories from a few people you know:

Natalie L. Sin
Scott Wilson
Cindy Rosmus (of course)
L. R. Bonehill
& Me!

Out of 16 stories I know over 25% of the accepted submitters! Is it a small world or do writers of similar ilk, and at a similar mile-marker on that journey of discovery through the craft (how purple is that!), just seem to drift into each others company?

But apart from you knowing a quarter of the ToC, you should read this issue (and every issue) because it's just chock full of stories which will make you think. They may also make you keep the light on at night but whatever floats your boat! ;c)

In other news - I found an hour or so to myself yesterday and had an idea for a new story. The beginning is outlined and some research has already been done so that the logic works - it's a ghost story but I still like it to be as believable as possible. I'm sitting on the middle at the moment, letting some things ferment before deciding in which direction to go - and I have no ending at the moment. I need some sort of direction so I can shape the middle. Hopefully it comes but if not, the half baked idea has been entered into my ideas file along with the outline, the research and some websites of interest.

Some slush reading for Aurealis has arrived so I've got more of that to do as well.

Lastly, I'd like to write some flash fiction. Everything I think about and work on at the moment is long. I've written two pieces in the last six months or so that are 1000 words or less. I'd like to do a little more so I may just start turning my hand to the CafeDoom weekly challenge and see if I can hit on something I like. It's not like I have anything else on....



3 comments:

  1. It was an especially good issue of Yellow Mama this month. congratulations to everyone in it.

    Good luck with the new story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps certain writers have a unique gravitational pull ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie - I agree wholeheartedly and thanks. The new story has been partially outlined and placed to one side - maybe one day...

    Nat - you can pull...er...what I meant to say is I know you have that unique gravitational force working for you ;cP

    ReplyDelete