Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ditmars

Well knock me over with a feather:

HorrorScope has published the finalist in the Ditmar nominations for this year and among all the regular Australian genre icons, there are two names you should all recognise.

Me, and Ms Felicity Dowker.

I'm stoked just to make the nominations - hell, I was stoked just be put forward originally.

I'd like to particularly congratulate all the nominees who are, or have been, involved with HorrorScope and Black. I expect Chuck to run away with the section I've been nominated for, but I have my fingers crossed for Flick. She is an amazing new talent. I also have my toes crossed for all the other nominees I know and work with. Not everyone can win one of these, but the honour is in being nominated for the final ballot - congratulations to everyone.

For more information on the awards and how they are voted for, check out the Conjecture 2009 website. I hope they release the program of events soon so I can organise my schedule. It's in Adelaide this year so I'm keen to attend my first genre specific convention - cool.

6 comments:

  1. I saw that this morning when I was doing my blog catching-up. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, BT. I nominated you for Best Fan Writer so I was over the moon to see your name amongst the finalists. You deserve it. Best of luck!

    As for me, I've no chance of winning, but boy, am I delighted to be a finalist. It's probably the highlight of my year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, BT and to you as well Felicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.

    Flick - I nominated you for New Talent as well - as if you hadn't already guessed that.

    I'm still tipping you as I know how highly though of you are among the genre regulars and I'm guessing most of those will be going to Swancon and so able to vote. I'm trying to organise things so I can go to Conjecture so guess who I'll be voting for ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! Congratulations, that is huge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, congrats on your nomination!

    ReplyDelete