Friday, August 24, 2007

Enrolled

I have just received my writing requirements worksheet for the "Advanced Diploma of Arts (Professional Writing)".

I have to create a 500 word letter demonstrating my ability to

  • Write correctly and fluently
  • Meet creative and intellectual demands
  • Exercise self dicipline
  • Write unsupervised
  • Read widely
  • Meet Deadlines
  • Deal with critical responses

Plus I have to write the first 500 words for a story in which the opening line is

""Take me with you," she said. "I'll try harder, I promise."

I knocked that one off last night. Nice little dark fiction piece about two kids with psychic powers. I also had to include a 100 word summary on how I saw the story progressing.

Lastly I have an editing exercise to do on a passage that was supplied.

Ah - the fun of learning. All this just to compete for a place to begin with. Fingers crossed I actually get accepted.

That's all for now.

Thanks for reading and keep on writing.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment