Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Researching

Recent topics Googled or read about in actual books!

  • White slavery
  • Deduction
  • True Crime cases
  • Mormonism
  • Avenging Angles
  • Danites
Point of note: This idea I have is inspired by the the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes story titled 'A Study in Scarlet' where he outlines a "supposed" militant group of people the Mormon's employed many years ago to "recruit" suitable white women. My story will not involve the Mormon people, or any other religious group. My idea is far more seedier and much more despicable than that, but, in the end, it will be a love story. Not a Mills & Boon-style romance, a real love story - it will just be buried beneath a great deal of other stuff...

Think Bourne meets Ashanti with a fair sprinkling of Paperback Hero garnishing around the edges, but there will be no Jason Bourne, or even someone who knows martial arts as our hero. I'm going to drop a pretty nice, but also pretty average, bloke into the middle of a medieval nightmare which takes place in the 21st century.

At least that's the plan as it's playing out in my head. It will evolve and as it does, I'll post snippets of what I'm doing and what I'm researching as I go. Not sure if I'll go into word count updates at this point - I'm not sure that sort of thing will help or hinder, or even matters.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I love research. I've been into seafood lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (in best Homer voice) mmmmmm...seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great idea! If you hadn't explained it so well, I'd have thought the research topics were for more than one project.

    ReplyDelete