Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just So

This is the link to the general feedback about Jason's new funding model. I provide it here just for the sake of completeness in the debate and because the question of figures was raised and here it is answered.

I've made my choice and subscribed/donated and picked up the free Descended From Darkness: Apex Magazine Vol I - which I thought was a cool deal.

My last thoughts on the matter: With the amount of reading I've been doing lately (subs for Dark Pages V1), I've come to the conclusion that I can only read, and therefore support, a couple of magazine subscriptions each year on top of my AHWA membership. I've chosen to support Necrotic Tissue, Apex, and Midnight Echo (through my AHWA membership). I occasionally give a donation to two or three other places but that is dependant on what bills I have coming in, and it's never very much anyway (not really, not in the bigger scheme of things). I also buy the occasional anthology, and even rarer, the occasional novel. I'm not a rich fellow and that's probably more than I should be doing, but until I find a local chapter of Bibliophile Anonymous, I'll have to manage...

I must say I'm looking forward to next year. I'll be able to spread out my reading a bit and get some writing done. Before then, I'm looking forward to the end of next week when my lad finishes his work experience and I no longer need to get out of bed before sparrow's fart! Tired eyes make for difficult reading...


Hope things are going well in your part of the world, and, because I haven't said it in a long time - good luck with your submissions.

2 comments:

  1. Sparrows fart??
    So much for my innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 or 4 subs with small presses right now as well. I am not disappointed with any of them, although I am thinking of taking up a literary journal to round out my reading. then again, I'm full.

    ReplyDelete