Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Review: Sheep and Wolves by Jeremy C. Shipp

I've posted another review on HorrorScope. And it's another Jeremy C. Shipp book I've reviewed.

I know one or two of you have expressed an interest in his work, and I'm open-minded enough to say I've found the reading an interesting and informative exercise, but Bizzaro fiction is not really something I'd seek out in the future.

Regardless of this fact, Sheep and Wolves Collected Stories by Jeremy C. Shipp and published by Raw Dog Screaming Press gets a 3.1 on My Review Scale.

Have you read it? What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I actually enjoy bizzaro so I might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy bizarro occasionally, and I love Jeremy's work. I adored Vacation, and Sheep & Wolves is pretty close on the list. ;)

    I'm about a third of the way into his next book, and it's lookin' good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, now see this is where I begin to worry about my reading tastes affecting my ability to write credible reviews.

    I honestly try to be as objective as I can, and I allow a bit of time and space between reading and writing the actual review.

    I'm not a fan of bizarro and I can't see myself becoming one, but I can see the appeal, I'm just not attracted to it. I can see the skill involved in writing it as well - I appreciate that, but it doesn't hold sway over my readers review.

    But, I guess all reviewers have this concern. After all, it is only an opinion.

    ReplyDelete