Monday, March 2, 2009

Superior Scribbler Award


I've been double teamed by Aaron Polson and Jamie Eyberg. And it was kind of nice.
They have both awarded me a 'Superior Scribbler' award!

The "rules": Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends. See below

Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award. See above

Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award. See above

Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor! Done - I'm number 666!

Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog. Done

My five choices (in no particular order)

1. David Such: For being the only wine maker I know who is a qualified engineer and a writer of excellent flash fiction.

2. Danielle Ferries: For being a weird type of twin sister to me through a symbiotic connection across the ether.

3. Natalie L. Sin: For having as warped a sense of humour as I do.

4. Alexandra Sokoloff: For taking the time and having the patience to give back to other scribblers still attempting to gain some sort of mastery over the craft.

5. Jameson T. Caine: Another kindred spirit who very much seems to be going down a similar stretch of highway as I am in my writing journey - although he is in a bloody big truck half the time.

I would have loved to throw it back at Cate, Jamie, Aaron, Flick and some of the other 665 people who have added their names to the Mr Linky list, but many writers who have been blogging for less than a couple of years, seem to be sadly neglected when these meme things do the rounds. Writers have a solitary life as it is without feeling left out by silly little chain letter type things. Alex and Nat are my only exceptions to my selection criteria. Nat had already been awarded, but she just kills me with her sense of humour, and Alex deserves the award for everything she's putting back into emerging talent.
So there you go - feel honoured you have been so awarded and pass on the good feelings to someone you care about.

5 comments:

  1. I can't take all the credit. I was raised by a man who thinks it's funny to fart and then say, "Speak, oh toothless one!"

    Strangely, I never thought to share that in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nod! I shall blast my truck's air horn in your name tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nod kind Sir. I'm not sure that I know another 5 writers but I'll give it a go.

    BTW - I just had a thought, it is a pity that your middle name doesn't start with an L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys & girls, I'm happy you're happy.

    David - I shall just shake my head and move on...

    ReplyDelete