Thursday, February 19, 2009

More on Newland

I thought I'd finished chapter 13 the other day but found a bit more I wanted to put into, so I've extended it by nearly 700 words.

I then began chapter 14. I'm now 1363 words into it. The scene I've just finished writing is the most violent thing I've ever written - and nobody died.

I'm sitting in an air conditioned office and I have sweat on the palms of my hands.

The chapter is only half over though, but I'm not sure if I want more of the same or allow the reader a breath before the saviours arrive. I'll have to think about that.

So according to Mr Bean Counter I have added 4674 words this week leaving me with 1576 (or there-abouts) left to squeeze in between now and midnight Saturday - and as we all know I don't write on Saturday, that means I have 1576 words to write tomorrow night - as a minimum.

Still, 33% done. I've only got to do what I've done already, two more times.

1 comment: