Sunday, May 18, 2008

Time flies...

Where has the time gone?

It's Sunday night here - 11:38 as I write this entry. My eyes are hanging out of my head and my bed is calling to me loudly.

Friday I figured I'd earned a day off so I chilled out on the computer playing a game. Saturday, I worked on BJ's new dog mansion (not looking too bad, even if I do say so myself). Sunday (today) I was at work. I would have logged in and updated the blog then but the Internet connection was down so I was restricted to actually working :(

I've touched base with my school teacher friend in the States and she's got more great news. She's received an honourable mention in the latest round of the Writers' Of The Future contest. I feel like she's leaving me behind. I must polish this latest round of stories and have them accepted soon.

My friend has also agreed to swap work for critique. I trust her judgement and I think she trusts mine. My problem is time. I don't have enough of it. We'll see how we get on. I may have to drop something if it becomes too difficult to manage.

I need to get stuck into my next assignment tomorrow night. I haven't looked at it yet. It's titled "Editing on screen" so it shouldn't be too difficult. My assignment after that is on poetry. I am not looking forward to that.

Okay, that's it from me for tonight.

I hope your writing is going well. Don't give up. Someone, somewhere--will love that story you've been trying to find a home for. You just need to keep sending it out.

Good luck.

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment