Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Like Sands through The Houglass

It's been a long time.

A quick update:

My back is still preventing me from spending any quality time in front of a keyboard. Anymore than a few minutes typing and I start to push the pain tolerance levels.

But this doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about it!

I've been reading, and I have a new idea. I spend my time formulating how I'm going to progress once I'm fully back in the saddle. This time, I'm not going to be spending large amounts of time networking or giving progress reports. This time I'm going to be writing.

While this is still a couple of months away, I'm spending the time on research and plot development. The end goal is very firmly fixed in my head, as is the path for my character to get there. The background is percolating nicely.

Plans are in place...this year, it's time to follow through.

But the biggest news - it is not horror. It's not even really dark.

I've been considering all the advise I've been given and read over the first few years of me trying out this writing caper and have come to the conclusion I've been playing in the wrong sandbox. Now I'm learning about a new way to formulate a story, one I would enjoy reading.

That's about it for now as the back is now killing me - told you I can't spend much time in the chair.

Speak soon

BT

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are still participating in the game, BT.

    ReplyDelete