Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Things Aren't Working...but I have a plan

To say my efforts at writing have been sporadic so far this year would be the biggest understatement of this decade. Time to try and crack the whip once more!

My plan to fix this isn't very clever or complex, and requires more willpower than I've been able to demonstrate so far, but I've got to keep throwing up opportunities for me to get back on track. Nothing else has worked so I'll give this a go instead.

After the Rain anthology by FableCroft looks interesting and I may already have one story suitable for it so this will require some revision, which should be a good gentle start at getting back into things.

However, the next market to interest me has a deadline of next week! Whitlock Publishing are looking for ghost stories from around the world - specifically stories strong in setting as well as scaring the crap out of people. A deadline of the 15th is extremely tight but I have an idea for it which is strong on Australiana. This may not happen, but I'll give it a shot.

Lastly, Isabelle Rose over at Sonar4 Publications has come up with yet another idea for an anthology based on rewritten Greek Myths. This has a deadline in line with the FableCroft anthology so I'll need to work on revising one while creating (and researching) a completely new one over the next seven or so weeks.

Work on Inner Voice continues in my head. I'm struggling to get to grips with editing longer version works, so I'll return (for the moment) to the shorter form to see if I can find my mojo once more.

I need to rejig my current after work schedule and use of a Father's Day gift my eldest daughter gave me but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment