Friday, September 10, 2010

Progress Report V1.2

Day two of writing progressed. I've slipped into a new routine where I come home from work and spend an hour or two writing before moving onto other things. Seems to be working so far but the chances of getting something finished and beta read and then revised and submitted within a week are unlikely.

Yesterday my story progressed to where things need to ramp up a notch or three. It currently stands at a smidge under 2000 words and has hints and mystery a plenty. The ghost(s) are just about decided as is the reason for them being there (although this hasn't been revealed yet as it only came to me late last night).

I'm somewhat submerged in this process at the moment so I haven't sent out the submission to FableCroft yet, but I intend to over the weekend. It doesn't need to be there until the end of October so I have plenty of time anyway.

I haven't yet started my research on Greek Myths and which one I shall rewrite. This will commence on September 16th at the latest I imagine - the day after this ghost story needs to be completed and submitted (or I need to give up on this one and submit my backup story.


1 comment:

  1. Having a routine really helps. Deadlines seem to help me, too, even if they are self-imposed.

    ReplyDelete