Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm back

WOW - the previous post was back on the 1st of November 07. Best part of three months has past and there's been a lot of proverbial water under the bridge since then.

I have three new story ideas on the go: all of them in the very early formative stages but for the longest time there, I had no ideas and no desire to write. That is finally turning around.

And just as well - I have been accepted into the Adelaide Centre for Arts to take part in studying for an Advanced Diploma of Art (Professional Writing). WooHoo!!!!! I have four years ahead of me of writing in an educational environment. In short it will be forcing me to write outside of my comfort zones, giving me deadlines and overall, encouraging me to write full time.

Over the past three months, my wife and I have begun to save our marriage (still lots of work to go but things are definitely looking up), the eldest daughter has decided to move out (next weekend) , I have sustained numerous injuries through sport - currently recovering from a grade 2 hamstring tear - plus Xmas, etc, etc.

I have lost family members and friends to different forms of cancer and had one cousin killed in Iraq. It has been an intense few months.

My updates will be sporadic over the next few weeks but as I get into the diploma, I will update more regularly. You can follow my progress through this blog and I will continue to update everyone on my progress as a writer.

****Reminder***

My first fiction piece - "Wake-up Call" is being published in http://antisf.com.au/ - This link won't be fully active until the release of the 10th anniversary edition due in Feb 08. It's only a small piece - sent in as a drabble (exactly 100 words) but I now have something under my name archived in the Australian National Museum, which is a big thing for me.

Orientation for the diploma is Tuesday the 29th of Jan - next week. If you don't hear from me beforehand then I'll post how it goes then.

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable festive season with lots of acceptances from publishers the world over.

Keep on writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment